- This event has passed.
Swimmer Stage One Badge Assessment
November 16 @ 4:45 pm - 6:00 pm£3.00
Swim 1 Assessment for all sections
A chance to gain Swimming Staged 1 Activity Badge
At Stratford Park Swimming Pool 4:45-6:00pm
Please book via the link online
Please note that all under 8’s must be accompanied by a parent or adult carer. Please book this person in on the above link. There is no charge for the accompanying adult.
Please ensure your your child is able to complete the activities below before entering them in this for assessment.
Swimmer – stage 1
How to earn your badge
- Learn the general safety rules for swimming (such as not diving into shallow water or not swimming on your own) and where it is safe to swim locally.
- Show you know how to prepare for exercises such as taking part in a warm up.
- Demonstrate a controlled entry, without using the steps, into at least 1.5 metres of water.
- Swim 10 metres on your front.
- Tread water for 30 seconds in a vertical position.
- Using a buoyancy aid, float still in the water for 30 seconds.
- Demonstrate your ability to retrieve an object from chest-deep water.
- Perform a push and glide on both your front and back.
- Swim 25 metres without stopping.
- Take part in an organised swimming activity.