Stroud & Tetbury District Scouts have access to fishing equipment and a pool in Saul, near Frampton on Severn.
Terms & Conditions of Use
Evening fishing experiences may be booked by Cub, Scout or Explorer Scout Sections through Ron Hartell (GSL Severnside Scout Group) on 07754 753591 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings will be taken annually from 1 March for the period April to July. It is limited to one group per week.
Bookings cost £25 per group/session.
All fishing equipment and bait will be supplied and expert anglers will be on hand throughout the session to help and advise.
Scouts Angler Activity Badge
The criteria for the Scouts Angler Activity badge are as follows:
- Learn the water safety rules and the proper precautions to take when fishing from the bank, shore line, or from a boat.
- Learn the basic hygiene precautions to take when fishing.
- Go fishing at least four times in two different places. Make a note of:
- the number of fish you caught
- species and size of your fish
- your method, tackle and bait used
- the weather and water conditions.
- Choose the correct equipment and method for where you plan to fish.
- Learn to assemble a rod, reel or pole.
- Choose the right form of bait, lure or fly for your planned fishing activity.
- Show you can cast correctly and accurately into a target area a suitable distance away, depending on the equipment you are using.
- Tie at least three different knots for your chosen method of fishing.
- Show how to correctly handle a fish, unhook it and return it into the water.
- Explain how different species of fish have different habitats. Talk about how this, and weather conditions, can affect your method of fishing.