Address: Selsley Common, Stroud, Gloucestershire GL5 5PL.
OS Map reference: SO 819 024
The centre is situated in the heart of the 150
The site consists
To see more photo’s visit Penn Wood Scout Centre on Facebook.
Activities include hiking, orienteering, pioneering, Wildlife surveys, kite flying, fire lighting, shelter building, campfires and many others associated with Scout camping. The site also has a traversing wall.
Stroud Leisure Centre has a Lido and indoor swimming pool, gym, tennis, squash, fitness suite, extensive grounds containing mini golf, nature trail and the excellent ‘Museum in the park’.
Stroud Town Centre has a cinema and 10 pin bowling. For further information about activities in Stroud, click here.
Gloucester is approximately 15 miles away and has a host of places to visit and Activity Centres such as the Warehouse (Climbing Wall, Caving complex and bouldering). For activities in Gloucester, click here.
Local Supermarkets include: Sainsburys, Tesco, Aldi and Morrisons.
There is a Minor Injuries Clinic at Stroud General Hospital (Open Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.30 pm).
Penn Wood Badges
Penn Wood badges are available to buy. These are seasonal to encourage you to camp again at different times of
- Enquire by email or phone to find available dates.
- If dates are not already booked, send a completed booking form and deposit. Bookings
are not confirmed until form and deposit are received.
- The camp fee balance should be paid 2 weeks before the booked dates. Cancelling the booking later than 4 weeks before the booking will result in the loss of deposit. Please note, the centre is not usually available for private functions.
For further details and to find available dates contact by email or ring 01453 757865
Penn Wood Scouting Activity Centre 2019 Hire Charges
|Stroud & Tetbury |
Scout & Guide Groups
|Deposit to confirm Booking|
|Day Use 9 am – 5 pm 5 pm – 10 pm||£20.00||£30.00||£50.00||Full Fee|
|Camping (includes use of toilets/showers)||£2.75pp||£3.75pp||£4.50pp||£20.00|
|6 Bed Room (x2)||£40.00||£45.00||£48.00||£20.00|
|12 Bed Room||£78.00||£85.00||£95.00||£50.00|
|2 Bed Room||£16.00||£20.00||£24.00||£10.00|
|Sole use of Bunkhouse||£150.00||£175.00||£200.00||£50.00|
|Sole use of whole Site & facilities||£350.00||£500.00||£550.00||£50.00|
- All facilities are hired per 24 hrs. usually, 12.00 noon – 12.00 noon or other by prior arrangement.
- Camping includes the use of toilets and shower in
- The Bunkhouse has its own toilets.
- The Bunkhouse has NO catering facility; if the Kitchen and Hall are already booked by another Group
- alternative arrangements will need to be made.
- Phone or Email to check
- If a provisional booking is made Please confirm within 3 weeks by sending a completed booking form
- and deposit to the appropriate address.
- Cancellation within 1 month of booked date will result in the loss of deposit.
- Weekday and longterm commercial and private bookings will be considered. Prices on application.
- We are unable to accomadate family holiday type bookings.
To see more photo’s search for Penn Wood Scout Centre on Facebook.